What Can I Recycle and what IS Not Recyclable?
- Plastic bottles (with or without caps attached)
- Plastic containers, tubs & lids
- Plastic one-use cups (no lids, no straws)
- Loose bottle caps
- Plastic bags & wrap
- Plastic plates, bowls & utensils
- Prescription bottles
- Single-use coffee containers
- Styrofoam cups
- containers & packaging peanuts
- Water filters
- Beverage bottles & jars
- Food bottles & jars
- Ceramic mugs & plates
- Drinking glasses
PAPER AND CARDBOARD:
- Cardboard & boxboard (empty and flatten)
- Food & beverage cartons
- Junk mail
- Magazines & newspaper inserts Newsprint
- Office paper
- Pizza boxes (Clean – With no grease or food stains)
- Gift wrap & gift bags
- Ice cream containers
- Paper cups (hot & cold)
- Shredded paper
- Take-out food containers
- Tissue paper
- Pizza Boxes (with grease stains or food)
- Aerosol containers (food grade only)
- Aluminum foil
- Cans & bottles Foil containers
- Metal lids from cans & bottles
- Aerosol containers (deodorizers, cleaners, pesticides, etc.)
- Foil tops from yogurt containers
- Paint cans
- Pots & pans
- Small pieces of scrap metal
- Spiral wound containers
RECYCLE PROGRAM NOTES
- If an item is listed as “unacceptable” for recycling, just put it in your trash bag.
- You must use either a tall kitchen can size bag or a household trash bag. No contractor bags, lawn & leaf bags, plastic bags that you carry your groceries home in (but you can dispose of those IN your trash bag).
- Pizza boxes can’t be recycled because of grease and food residue. But you can cut off the top and put that in recycling, if it’s clean.
- Take-out food containers, paper cups and Styrofoam containers cannot be recycled. To save space, cut the Styrofoam container in half, and nest the top into the bottom. These can go in your trash bag.
- An empty aerosol can of whipped cream can be recycled, but an empty Lysol can cannot. Food-grade only.
- Empty your shredder into your trash bag, not your recycle bin.
- Plastic (Solo) cups can be recycled, but not the lids or straws.
- Be sure to rinse out containers.
- Trash bags should not be left outside your home where animals can get at them. Use a trash barrel, but don’t put that out on Monday mornings. Just bags and the recycle bin.